Sunday, April 4, 2010

He is Risen


Today marks the day when Jesus conquered death for all mankind! I believe this because I believe God created all there is and gave His son to us for a ransom so there'll never be a need for blood sacrifices again. I'm so grateful for this because no matter how I try to be like Jesus, I fail time and time again.


Trouble is I have such a hard time wrapping my mind around the whole idea of Christ giving His life for us (me)? Why didn't God just wipe us off the planet and start over? It has to be love. What else could've kept Him from doing it? But what kind of love is it that gives their child as a blood sacrifice? Mankind doesn't seem worth it.


I try to imagine what and who would prompt me to sacrifice one of my daughters? I don't have that kind of love. I feel guilty because I feel so undeserving. I wish I could lead a life that was notable enough to be called a child of God; worthy of His love. But then I wouldn't need Christ's sacrifice, right?


So, I pray for growth and I do feel something is changing in my life. God is doing a work and although I have no idea where it will go or what will be asked of me; I am willing. I need to get quiet and listen for that still, small voice. I am grateful for God's sacrifice and I pray this Easter I have an awakening. Amen

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see what He is doing either!!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from my readers so, please do comment.