Sunday, March 28, 2010

4 days to go...

It's four days until I quit my smoking habit of 40 years. I look forward to April 1st with trepitation as I already feel the loss. I know that sounds strange to a non-smoker , but I have smoked all my adult life and have no idea how it will feel to not take that "smoke break".

I am pysched up to find out what it's going to be like to not be chained to this lifelong habit. All I've read and heard tells me I can't break a habit, but rather replace it. I'm going to replace the smoke break with a tea break. I have bought a variety of healthy teas in the leaf form so I can create a tea ritual to replace the smoking ritual. Does this sound reasonable? I expect to drink an awful lot of tea in the beginning, thus choosing healthy herbal blends.

Part of why I am excited about being free of the unhealthy habit of smoking is that I'm soooo tired of feeling awful. It's been 2 years since my back as been injured and 8 months since I've been able to lead a full life. I know smoking and my back injury appear unrelated, but these many months have given my plenty of time to think about my health, growing older and the desire to feel great. I know my old friend, smoking is slowly killing me and it's time to fight back.

I have four more days to prepare myself mentally, physically and emotionally. I'll be ready. As the commercials say "It's my time to quit"!

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending" michelle fehrman

2 comments:

  1. Keep me posted how it goes....you are sorta making me all psyched up to quit again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear how this goes! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from my readers so, please do comment.