Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Freedom challenge Continues...


Well today is my last day smoking in the house. I expect the mornings will be the toughest, but a good way to break me in. We are also, repainting most of the house this Spring so, that will definitely encourage me. I don't want to stink everything up again.

I have strategically set bowls of nuts, plain popcorn and candies in my usual smoking spots and so far it has helped. Today I start deep cleaning the house to rid it entirely of left-over smoke residue. I'll begin in my office; washing curtains, walls etc. because I often smoked in there and I need the smell and feeling of clean to avoid temptation.

Mentally I've been going over and over the reasons why I want to quit and all the positive effects being smoke free will engender. It's said after ten years the lungs restore themselves to almost those of a non-smoker. Since I'm blessed to not have COPD of any sort, that means by 65 I should be in fairly good shape.

I do not want to gain weight through this ordeal so my snacks and comfort measures will be focused toward healthy. This too, will benefit me in my journey toward health because health and longevity is really the name of this game. I want to dance at my grand children's weddings; God willing.

After my leg and back are fixed up I am going to start regularly exercising again. I use to do yoga and I love to swim so, I look forward to be able to do these. All in all I'm moving forward eagerly, although with great trepidation. One week to go toward freedom!

3 comments:

  1. Great plans and you can do it!!! BUT don't overdo it with the cleaning remember to pace yourself!!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes pace yourself!! read a chapter of a book while the curtains are in the wash!! Have fun cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my prayers are headed your way...i am so happy that you are progressing so well...and seem so wonderfully positive as you take this new path!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from my readers so, please do comment.