Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Time of your Life

What have you put in the closet of your life? What is waiting for another day? How long has it been in the closet and when do you plan to bring it out?

We all get busy in life with jobs, family, obligations and well, let’s face it, busyness. Many of the things we use to enjoy or plan to do in our life get relegated to that “some day, next year, when the kids grow up, when I retire” land. Sad to say, much of it gets lost in the shuffle of life; never to be recovered. Before we know it time has taken care of the problem of finding time and what might’ve or could’ve been is no longer possible. Some dreams need to be grasped at the moment or it just gets too late. Others simply waste away and die from waiting. So, what are you putting off until tomorrow?

I’ve lived more years than I have left and sadly, I put too many dreams in the closet of life. Dreams I was going to get to any day but, procrastination is the thief of time. When I was young I believed I had plenty of time for my dreams. I put off pursuing them for too long and have lived with regret. Yet, regret too, can steal our time and dreams. So I won’t spend any more time in regret.

Life has changed and so have I so, it’s time to take those old dreams off the shelf, dust them off and see what I can do with them. Sadly some will be too outdated and timeworn, but for those that still have possibility....who knows what may become of them?

My advice if you’re younger and have gone ahead and tucked your dreams away in the closet of life is to go get them out and see what can be done with them now. They are not cheese or wine; time won’t necessarily age them well. Some may never come to fruition regardless, but those that are given a chance may change your destiny.

Now is really all the time in reality we have and now slips away quickly. Grab it, use it, dream with it but don’t whatever you do let it accumulate dust!

3 comments:

I look forward to hearing from my readers so, please do comment.