Sunday, October 18, 2009

Finding Eden...

What is the theme of my blog? What do I mean by "In Search of Eden"?

It is my belief that while we're striving to attain success by this world's standard we're really searching for Eden. Eden represents the quintessential life even if you really don't believe it existed. Who wouldn't want what Eden offered?

First and foremost all our needs would be provided by a loving and generous father. He'd supply everything we need to live safe, fulfilling and satisfying lives.

The climate would be the perfect temperature so we wouldn't need clothes and therefore wouldn't need to worry about making a fashion statement. We could eat everything (except for one thing) and it would not only be good for our health, but appealing to our eye and taste buds. We wouldn't worry about trans fats, high cholesterol or any other health issues as we'd have perfect health.

We'd live with a perfectly compatible companion so there'd be no stupid quarrels, misunderstandings or jealousies. If we were a woman; childbirth would be painless and child-rearing would be delightful with our wonderful husband and wise father assisting us.

If we were a man we'd have a the fulfilling job of taking care of a beautiful garden and all it possessed. Money, status, climbing the corporate ladder would be irrelevant. Our time could be spent enjoying our family, home, friendships and work. There'd be no need to stress out by competing, comparing or striving. We'd be happy. And....

Isn't that what we're all really looking for? To be happy and fulfilled? We search for it by striving to have the best job, nicest home, biggest car, most well -behaved children, loving spouse, biggest bank account, most prestigious job, etc. etc. We have missed the mark.

We search and only find temporary happiness but, what we really need is Eden and not just the Eden of perfect climate control and ample supplies. We need the Eden of the Spirit where true and lasting happiness begins. That's the Eden I'm searching for.... That's the Eden I've missed by searching in all the wrong places. So, now in my life, on this journey I've decided to try something new and different. I'm going to try a new path. So therein lies the theme of my blog; finding a way to find Eden.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you started this blog! I know you've helped me soooo much, your wisdom and insight need to be shared - Love you more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog,very well written!!! Excellent theme, we all need to find our Eden but to find it you have to search down the right path. I hope you find your Eden!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have a blog!! Very good post, very well written!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from my readers so, please do comment.