Monday, November 8, 2010

Blogging with Purpose

I've been struggling for ages to take blogging seriously and post on a regular basis so; anyone who takes an interest can anticipate when a new post will take place. I've given my blog a loosely based theme about searching for Eden which I feel is what many of us truly desire. "Eden" represents a desire to live in peace, with happiness and a life filled with passion and purpose. I felt this would open up a world of blogging subjects that I could venture forth and share my thoughts on. It hasn’t happened for me and my question is “why not?”

Why haven’t I been able to post on a regular schedule? Are there not enough subjects I could gab about? Do I lack time to do this? Truth is there is lots of subject matter and I have plenty of time so, why do I lack motivation and consistency? I think there may be a couple of reasons why I’ve been so apathetic and lazy about blogging. One is that I don’t HAVE to do it. Secondly, which corresponds with the first reason is that I have no set schedule to follow. I’ve left it to random inspiration which apparently doesn’t hit me too often.

I want to write and I feel writing could be my calling in life. Yet, I know I need plenty of practice before I could entertain the notion of doing it professionally. When I discovered blogging (thanks to my oldest daughter) I thought, “Wow, this could be a perfect venue to become a better writer!” I still believe this, but it can’t help me if I don’t do it with serious intention. So, what to do about my lack of motivation?

I prayed about it and God gave me an answer. Yea! I found a blogging calendar in which I choose subjects ahead of time, set regular times for writing and study, schedule in consistent blogging days and basically approach blogging as if it were a job. It is 2011 calendar so I have almost two months to get my ducks in a row and make a commitment to regular blogging in hopes of giving any current readers a reliable supply of my witty and inspirational banter (dubious as that may be) as well has possibly gaining more readers and building up a regular audience. What better way to step up your game than to have someone scrutinizing it?

So, this is my plan for 2011. Wish me luck. Watch for the changes in content and purpose for my blog so, hopefully, one day I can begin to realize a life-long dream of becoming a writer...

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. I might have to steal that!!! LOL!!!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from my readers so, please do comment.