Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Healing Code

I just read "The Healing Code" by Alexander Loyd. It was an interesting book that offered up some fairly extravagant claims on healing health, relationship and success issues in your life.

Alexander Loyd is a born again christian who received this revelation from God or so, he states. It is a six minute healing method done three times per day that restores health to whatever our life issue may be. The biggest claim is that it heals at the source of our pain which predictably lies in the core of our subconscious; the part of our mind which lies beneath our awareness.

This code doesn't involve any drugs, treatments or physical manipulations. It is simply a series of hand motions over specific upper body areas that supposedly creates a positive and healing outcome if applied properly. It almost seems too simple which is the crux of my uneasiness; I come from the school of thought that if something is too easy it must be bogus. Right? Well... not necessarily.

The book discusses in detail cellular memory and it's affect on our health. Stevan Thayer, founder of Integrated Energy Therapy defines cellular memory as; "Every cell in our body has the ability…to remember. Our Cellular Memory can store the memory of physical trauma like accidents, cuts, bruises, surgeries, or abuse; emotional trauma like heartache, fear, built and anger; and mental trauma that manifests in low self-esteem, unworthiness, worry, etc. When trauma is suppressed into the cellular memory, that energy can get stuck. The problem with suppressed cellular memory is not only does it limit our ability to live freely and joyfully in life but it can also support the body in developing physical illness." 

This definition is perhaps the best description of the cellular process and Mr. Loyd asserts that he was given the codes to heal the damaging memories that are harming our lives, even if we're not aware of them. I have a couple of problems with this method aside my issues about simplicity.

Cellular memory can't be measured like we measure brainwaves, heartbeats, etc. Without measurement we are left mostly with results and even these can't be quantified. If someone states the healing code didn't work for them, there could be many reasons why the codes didn't work. Did the subject do them properly and consistently? Did he/she resist mentally or emotionally?

 This type of healing method is just too subjective to prove. It is similar to trying to prove the existence of God. This leaves me wondering if Mr. Loyd is genuine or just trying to sell a book that he is assured will be gulped up by the masses of unhappy and ill folks that are desperate for healing?

The fact that his website offers more intensive and instructive help for a considerably high price (around $800.00) doesn't ease my uneasiness about Mr. Loyd's true intentions. I realize he'd have to charge something for this extra help, but 800 buckaroos seems very excessive for a man who claims this all came from God free of charge.

Shouldn't a godly man who possesses the key too restoring physical, emotional and spiritual health be keen to get this miracle to as many folks has possible? Wouldn't donations made by grateful recipients cover any and all costs? If this truly came from God; wouldn't God take care of business? Do you see my issue with this? Do you agree?

I would love to heal my life issues, especially those that are unconscious, with such ease. It truly would feel like a miracle. I am even willing to give it a whirl. If I don't meet with success (Mr. Loyd requests his readers to inform him of their experience) and I end up having to shell out 800 dollars because my issues "need special attention", then I will be convinced it is all just a seedy way to get rich quick and God has no part in it.

The only way to find out if this is a fraud is to go forth with it. I will let my readers know how it goes. In the meantime, let me know your thoughts, objections or impressions. I believe the world is full of God's miracles and He is ready to heal each and everyone of us. Is the "Healing Code" one of His methods? Did Mr. Loyd truly get inspired? I hope so...

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely believe in miracles & the power of God---but any time there is a 'formula' I am not so sure. The Bible never dealt with formulas, there weren't codes...it was simply "come to me all who are weary and I will give you rest..." Not some fancy formula of what to do, three times a day.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from my readers so, please do comment.