Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Update

Just a brief post to fill you in on how my exercising is going. I was Steady Eddy last week and managed to do my `thang` every day. It was PAINFUL, but I must admit I did feel somewhat better afterward. I mostly noticed my energy levels immediately jumped up a notch or two. So I went from coma level to semi-conscious! Yea!

Sadly I missed 3 days in a row and now feel like I`m starting over. DRAT!! Why does it take so little to lose all you`ve gained. So, after a short pause, I`ll dive back in and will not get defeated! Big talk, eh.

Nevertheless, I found several new exercises on a spine rehab website that may be beneficial (assuming they don`t kill me in the process!). It mixes things up and hopefully helps keep me going. It isn`t easy to find just the right kind of exercises that will get me fit, but won`t exacerbate the back injury.

More importantly is discovering a way to keep mentally fit. Trust me when you hurt like HE double hockey sticks BEFORE you even start exercising and you know it`s going to hurt even more during the session; the temptation is to crawl back into bed! The mental effort may exceed the physical. Still I`m determined to find a way to live well with this disability, painful or not. So, I`ll sign off with a cheery ``later alligator,after awhile crocodile``!!


Pain is no evil unless it conquers us.
George Eliot



2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost 70 pounds on Weight Watchers 10 years ago...I remember so many weeks where I'd work my butt off, only to gain or only maintain my weight. It was so frustrating but overall, I lost it over time and I've (mostly) kept it off since!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from my readers so, please do comment.